18 June 2012
[EXCLUSIVE] Shinhwa The Return Grand Tour in Singapore
It was indeed a once in a lifetime experience, meeting the legendary idol group on this one night. Eric, Min Woo, Dong Wan, Hye Sung, Jun Jin and Andy were at the Resorts World Convention Centre on June 16 for The Return Grand Tour in Singapore.
The group, who has been around for the past 14 years, belted out to a total of 21 powerful and breathtaking hits such as T.O.P, Brand New, Wild Eyes, Venus and many more. As the group switched between ballad and dance tracks, the sea of orange never faded for a moment. Fans continued with their cheers and screams for Shinhwa, as a sign that the group was much missed since six years ago when they first stepped upon our shores.
Shinhwa showed off their serious and playful sides. Their many years of friendship was evident during the concert as they goofed around with each other as well as towards the 5,000 fans present. They even displayed their brotherly love for each other occassionally.
- Minwoo said he reached Singapore first and had tried Chilli Crab. "Singapore thank you, chilli crab good."
- Dongwan showed his Chinese language skills. "我的女朋友很漂亮.我女朋友是你们" which means the audience is his girlfriend and they are pretty.
- Minwoo did a cute dance and ended off doing the bbuing bbuing pose which made the audience crazy.
- The members made Eric do his angry version of bbuing bbuing!
- During the ment, Junjin saw a "Kiwi Prince" placard and pointed it out to Andy, who was embarrassed!
- Dongwan said "I love Singapore" and sang "You are so... Singapore."
Although some of the members were injured, they pressed on to finish the concert and were grateful to the fans for the energy that kept them going. The energy level of the group never decreased as they continously hyped up the fans and interacted with them. It seemed more of a huge party than a concert towards the end. Everyone was pumped up and jumping along with the members along to the beat. It was indeed a spectacular sight to behold, a legendary group and their ever-present fanbase.
ScanationSG would like to thank UnUsUaL Entertainment and Parallel Smart Media Alpha Entertainment for their invitation to Shinhwa The Return Grand Tour in Singapore.